SinC Up with Great Crime Writing!
Keep Your Membership Current
- Renewal period is December through February each year. Pick a 2-year membership at $80/$100 or go for the Lifetime Membership at $400/$500. Logging in to your back-end member portal through the Manage Profile link will show you whether or not you are current. Look under invoices OR if there is a note that says "time to renew", click that link.
- Updating your author profile when you renew helps keep our Mystery Author list current with your latest author headshot, pen-names and website address.
- Exclusive information for members is in the Members Only section, so keep your username and password handy (or have your computer remember it for you).
- We send you the inSinC Quarterly 4 times a year and SinC Links 12 times a year. Check your spam file to see if any of them are “lost.” These are also available on the website if you missed one.
- We partner with organizations (like the Writers Police Academy) to offer deep discounts to attend their informative programs.
- Promote Your Latest Book or Short Story: The book covers appear weekly in a small grouping that rotates at the bottom of the website. We alert you that its up and running with an email and a tweet. Any time you have a new book, send us the book cover file (.jpg) and we’ll slot it into the rotation as soon as we can. SinC is open to authors of all genres and a current member of SinC may post their book cover regardless of the genre. We’ve experimented with how to best feature short stories, and if you have an image/cover that is associated with your story, or the anthology cover, we can use that.
- How To Submit:
• Send your most recent book cover to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the website to link to and your twitter handle (if applicable).
• Upload your book cover to the website through the online form.
• Do you tweet? Add your twitter handle to your profile, and we’ll tweet the news that your book has been featured on at www.sistersincrime.org and you can then retweet this to your own followers.
- Join a local SinC Chapter. Many of the chapters participate in book events where you could promote your book.If you can't find a local chapter, do check out our Guppies online chapter.
- Sign up for ALA or PLA when it is in your area. Get a free hour to promote your books in our sponsored booth at these huge book events.
- Check the calendar on our website to find other mystery events or conferences in your area that you might want to attend.
- Want to get more involved in the organization but don’t know how? Start with our strategic plan and see if any of the goals we have laid out would interest you. Email our goal champions directly to ask how you can be part of it.